Thursday, June 30, 2011

Granola

Aside from sewing, I enjoy baking! Especially new and fun recipes! Of course, much like my sewing, I never follow the directions, and add a little fun to my recipes! Sometimes I fail....but most of the time, like tonight, I pat myself on the back!

I found this recipe on foodnetwork.com. It's for granola! I love granola...the way it clumps together and crunches. So here goes...remember I altered it a bit.
Ingredients:
3 cups of oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple sugar
1/4 olive oil
1 cup craisins
1 cup m&m's
(you can also add cashews and raisins, but I replaced these with the craisins and m&m's)
Mix everything in a bowl and spread it on a cookie sheet ( I used a stoneware cookie sheet) and bake it for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 250 degrees.

Here it is...this is actually what I tried! I was so good! Just enough maple syrup to make it clump and to taste, craisins make it chewy and the m&m's make you think you are eating something bad! A perfect combination, in my humble opinion!
This will be a perfect snack in the car for our trip to Maine this weekend!
Enjoy!

Cheers,
~ Ericka

No comments:

Post a Comment